Do I need to notify neighborhoods in San Francisco of filming?
It depends. Sending letters or leaflets to San Francisco residents where you are filming is only required in special cases as dictated by the San Francisco Film Office.
To notify a San Francisco neighborhood that you will be filming, distribute a letter to every resident and merchant in advance of your shoot.
Each notification must be on the San Francisco Film Office notification template and include the following information:
- Name of Production Company
- Date and Times of Filming
- Description of Filming Activities
- Local Production Contact Number
- Contact Information for Film Office and SFPD
Do you have a question about San Francisco you’d like to be answered? Submit your question here!