How do I change or add a contractor to a San Francisco building permit?
To add or change a contractor on an existing San Francisco building permit, you need to notify the Department of Building Inspection, Permit Services – Central Permit Bureau, 1660 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103.
You will need to tell the Department of Building Inspection:
- The building permit application number
- Job address
- The name of the new contractor with:
- A current California State Contractor License number and expiration date
- Valid San Francisco Business Tax Registration Certificate number and expiration date
- Current California Worker’s Compensation Certificate
Do you have a question about San Francisco you’d like to be answered? Submit your question here!