94123 Cow Hollow
Named for the large amounts of cattle that used to roam the land, Cow Hollow is the neighborhood between The Presidio and Russian Hill, with the Marina and Pacific Heights as its borders. While originally the area that supplied San Francisco with much of its milk as well as being one of the only places in the City with accessible fresh water, developers eventually moved in and built up the area.
Cow Hollow survived the 1906 earthquake and fire relatively unscathed and many of the Victorian mansions that were long ago built can still be seen today. The area has emerged as a bustling commercial center with Union Street as the focal point. Cow Hollow restaurants are some of the best in the City and there is a thriving shopping and nightlife scene as well.
Paid for by Phil Ting for Assembly 2012. FPPC ID# 1343137