School Evacuated After Official Smells Gas In Hallway

Reset News Feed's picture

An elementary school in San Francisco's Hayes Valley neighborhood was evacuated this afternoon after a school official smelled gas in a hallway, according to a fire department spokeswoman.

An official at John Muir Elementary School, located at 380 Webster St., reported the possible gas leak at 12:42 p.m. after smelling gas in the school's main hallway, fire spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.

No students were sickened, but officials evacuated the school as a precaution.

Fire crews detected a faint smell of gas in the main lobby, but PG&E crews did not pick up any gas on their monitors, Talmadge said.

PG&E remained at the scene to investigate this afternoon.

 

Check out some of our most popular blogs:

     We Built a Stronger SF Economy on Smart Government Investments

     The BART That Could Have Been

     Run For Your Life! (For Fun)

     Love Muni, Hate Muni or Somewhere in Between? Let the SFMTA Know!

 

Paid for by Phil Ting for Assembly 2012. FPPC ID# 1343137