What Propositions are on the November 2012 Ballot in California?
It seems like we always have a lot of political homework to do, and this election will be no exception. Here’s a list of the state ballot propositions on the November 2012 ballot. You can learn more about these at the Secretary of State’s website.
- Proposition 30: Protects funding for schools and local public safety
- Proposition 31: Establishes two-year state budget
- Proposition 32: Creates special exemptions for billionaires and Super PACs allowing them to buy elections
- Proposition 33: Auto insurance rate hike
- Proposition 34: Repeals death penalty and replaces with life without parole
- Proposition 35: Increases penalties for human trafficking
- Proposition 36: Reforms “Three Strikes” law
- Proposition 37: Labeling of genetically engineered foods
- Proposition 38: Monger initiative, tax to fund education and early childhood programs.
- Proposition 39: Adjusts taxes for multi-state corporations to fund clean energy programs
- Proposition 40: Referendum on State Senate district boundaries