Tow No More App Rules
Who can enter:
- Anyone, over the age of 18, who is eager to use technology to make our city better. That includes: Individuals, groups of individuals, community groups, non-profit organizations and academic institutions are eligible to enter the Competition.
- Groups of individuals (“Group Applicant”) applying must designate one individual, who is over the age of 18, as their designated Applicant. In the event a Group Applicant is selected to receive a cash prize, such cash prize will be provided in the form of one check made payable to the group’s designated Applicant. It is the Applicant’s responsibility to distribute any cash prize among team members.
Applicants may provide multiple submissions, subject to the restrictions below.
What applications are eligible:
- Applications must use at least one data set or data feed from: http://datasf.org
- Smartphone Applications can be web-based or client-based and written in any programming language;
- The Application must be available to the public through the web or a mobile device and free to the public for at least twelve (12) months following the close of the Competition;
- The Application must be of benefit to the residents of the City and County of San Francisco and aims to reduce the number of towed cars. It is recommended that the app include (1) includes a map of tow away zones in the city and (2) provides real time information that using the city’s data.
- An Application must consist of original software applications (a) solely owned by the Applicant; (b) to which no other party has any rights or interest, whether known or unknown; and (c) that do not violate the Intellectual Property, common law or privacy rights of other parties; and
- The text description of the Application must be true to the functionality in the Submission.