How do I become a green business in San Francisco?
The Department of the Environment has a Green Business Certification program which enables San Francisco business owners to integrate green practices into their business model. There are six steps to becoming a green business. They are:
1. Submit an application
2. Submit a completed checklist
3. Complete a phone consultation
4. Pass an initial site visit
5. Complete on-site assessments to verify that you are satisfying the San Francisco Green Business criteria
6. Receive the title of a San Francisco Green Business