You can file for a domestic partnership through the San Francisco County Clerk or through a Notary Public. If you would like to have your commitment ceremony performed at the County Clerk’s office, you will need to file your domestic partnership with the Office of the San Francisco County Clerk.

Domestic partnerships which are registered in San Francisco are not marriage licenses, but rather a living agreement which is intended to benefit the city of San Francisco as well as the couple.

To learn more about how to file for a domestic partnership locally in San Francisco, visit the County Clerk’s office website.  


Sign up for our weekly newsletter and join the conversation on Facebook.


Check out some of our newest Blogs:

     Universal Internet Access for All San Franciscans

     Why is San Francisco So Dirty?

     SFPark – The iPhone App for Smart Parking in San Francisco

     Food Truck Rodeo Review – Off the Grid