You can get a replacement residential parking permit from SFMTA by mail or in person. You will need to complete the application form and mail or bring it to the SFMTA Customer Service Center. Some transfer fee may apply.

If you have a damaged permit you will need to return the damaged permit in order to get a replacement permit.

If your car was stolen with the permit attached, you need to provide a DMV release of liability or a sales receipt, showing the plate number and/or VIN.

If your permit was damaged in an accident, you will need to provide an accident report or bumper repair documentation/receipt, displaying plate number and/or VIN.


Sign up for our weekly newsletter and join the conversation on Facebook.


Check out some of our newest Blogs:

     Universal Internet Access for All San Franciscans

     Why is San Francisco So Dirty?

     SFPark – The iPhone App for Smart Parking in San Francisco

     Food Truck Rodeo Review – Off the Grid