It depends on what the source of the noise is. Different San Francisco Departments are responsible for different types of noise. Noise complaints related to stereo, television, music, party, and animal noise should be reported to your local Police station’s non-emergency line. Do not call 911 for noise complaints.

Noise complaints related to construction should be directed to the Department of Building Inspection, or Department of Public Works. Noise complaints from fixed mechanical noise should be directed to the San Francisco Environmental Health Department.

For more information on noise laws, and complaints in San Francisco visit the San Francisco Environmental Health Department website.


Sign up for our weekly newsletter and join the conversation on Facebook.


Check out some of our newest Blogs:

     Universal Internet Access for All San Franciscans

     Why is San Francisco So Dirty?

     SFPark – The iPhone App for Smart Parking in San Francisco

     Food Truck Rodeo Review – Off the Grid