To report an abandoned shopping cart on private or public property you can call 3-1-1. You can also submit a service request online.

For additional information about abandoned shopping carts, including where homeless can reclaim shopping carts that have been stored by the Department of Public Works go to:


Sign up for our weekly newsletter and join the conversation on Facebook.


Check out some of our newest Blogs:

     Universal Internet Access for All San Franciscans

     Why is San Francisco So Dirty?

     SFPark – The iPhone App for Smart Parking in San Francisco

     Food Truck Rodeo Review – Off the Grid