How do I report an illegal sign in San Francisco?
Department of Public Works is responsible for investigating illegal signage posting on city property.
Legal signs on utility poles in San Francisco must be:
- No more than 11 inches in height
- No higher than 12 feet from the ground
- Must fit the shape of the utility pole
- Be attached with a non-metal banding material such as tape, twine or string
- Include a legible posting date in the lower right hand corner of the sign
- Be removed within 70 days of the posting date
To submit a request for removal of an illegal sign on public property, you can submit a 311 request to DPW online.
To submit a request for removal of an illegal sign in a San Francisco city park, like Dolores Park, you can submit a 311 service request to DPW online.