You need to obtain an amendment to correct an error on a death certificate. If the error was made within one year of the issued record, you need to file an amendment at the Office of Vital Records.

If the error occurred over a year ago, you have to file an amendment with

the California Department of Public Health.

You can find additional information for Death Amendments online. For additional general information you can contact the office of Vital Records at 415-554-2700.


Sign up for our weekly newsletter and join the conversation on Facebook.


Check out some of our newest Blogs:

     Universal Internet Access for All San Franciscans

     Why is San Francisco So Dirty?

     SFPark – The iPhone App for Smart Parking in San Francisco

     Food Truck Rodeo Review – Off the Grid